Event ID 6032 - EFS does not support encryption over network sessions established using the NTLM protocol. RRS feed

• Question

•  

We have enabled EFS on all laptops at my organization via a GP. Windows Server 2003 CA, Data Recovery Agent Configured, Key Recovery Agent Configured, Windows XP Pro, and EFS Assistant being deployed by GP as well. Everything works great but recently we have noticed several errors in the event log of the users' homedrive server. My thought is one of 2 things are happening:

1) They are trying to move encrypted documents from their C drive to the network file server, which is not trusted for delegation, and they are being notified that if they continue, the files will be unencrypted on the server.

2) Several users actually have their My Documents pointed to their network home drives for security and fault-tolerance, and since the server is not trusted for delegation, they are not allowed to encrypt documents on it.

My question is how to stop these error messages. We do not want them to encrypt documents on the home drive for several reasons, we just want the errors to stop if possible. Any ideas? Thanks

Friday, August 15, 2008 12:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please understand that this forum mainly focuses on Windows Vista related issues. For this issue, I suggest that you post it in the Windows Server forum. The support professionals there are better equipped to assist you.

For your convenience, I’ve included the link of Windows Server forum:

http://forums.technet.microsoft.com/en-US/tag/windowsserver/

Thank you for your understanding.

Monday, August 18, 2008 3:45 AM