Slowing down file receive Transport Type File RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all .

We have an ASCII File receive location.
    Our customer send files which we import into our DB via sql adapter/send port

Since we receive up to 1000s files hourly..

How can or is it possible to slow down the receive location to poll files every 10 seconds.
    Cause Biz talk is filling up the cues with lost of files at once..
     This is causing blocking in our DB..

Thanks

FA
    Wednesday, August 6, 2008 7:45 AM

Answers

• That's right.  FILE adapter (at least for Windows file shares) has a more direct machine hook than the adapters which have an explicit polling interval.  You may find the "polling interval" property on the "Advanced Settings" tab, but my understanding is that this is only used if the adapter can't successfully register folder change events (typically for non-Windows file shares).  Otherwise, this value is ignored.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 1:57 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• I'm not aware of any way to force a slowdown since the adapter is hooked into the change event of the file folder.

You could put together a solution where your files are received in one "temp" folder, and you run a Scheduled Task (which runs a batch job) that copies all the files in the "temp" folder into the "receive" folder.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 9:04 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Richard

In Sql Adapter there something like Polling interval..

that means in File adapter there is no equivalent process.?

Regards

Ed
    Wednesday, August 6, 2008 9:46 AM
  • That's right.  FILE adapter (at least for Windows file shares) has a more direct machine hook than the adapters which have an explicit polling interval.  You may find the "polling interval" property on the "Advanced Settings" tab, but my understanding is that this is only used if the adapter can't successfully register folder change events (typically for non-Windows file shares).  Otherwise, this value is ignored.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 1:57 PM
    Answerer