playing heavy graphics games like "the Witcher" PC crashes and i get error "program has stopped working" RRS feed

• Question

• Houston....we have a problem,

i am running Vista home premium with an ATI X1950 and 2gig of ram (3gig P4 dual core cpu) on a lovely titan P4 mainboard (have to respect "gigabyte).....all of my drivers are the latest and greatest available and i can run some hard core games like "S.T.A.L.K.E.R" at full spec with out flinching. yet "the Witcher" although running for 15-30 mins without jumping in framerates "drops out" to desktop and says the familiar error "<game> has stopped working". i have no heating and cooling issues...but suspect that my ram is getting "full" and not emping before needing more usage. what can i do about this?? HELP ME OBI WAN KENOBI....YOUR MY ONLY HOPE!

Friday, February 29, 2008 4:34 AM

Answers

• Hi,

From the description,first please clarify the hardware and software requirement for your game.It should be the performance issue which can be depended on hardware.

So please contact the manufactory of your game support to get the relevant help.

Best regards,

Xiu Zhang - MSFT

Microsoft Online Community Support

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 8:10 AM