it says im connected but but i have no internet. RRS feed

• Question

• when i startup my laptop it tells me that i have connection, but as i log into msn or open internet browsing its say page cannot be displayed.i have ran all the test and it it says is 'your firewall or security is blocking your connection.i can connect to my router but it wont connect me to the internet.whats going on?

Sunday, April 25, 2010 8:32 AM

Answers

• Just a thought, are you running any third party firewall other than the windows firewall? If you're running third party firewall, you would need to configure it or alternatively uninstall it
    • Proposed as answer by Linda Yan Monday, April 26, 2010 8:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Wednesday, May 19, 2010 9:20 AM
    Sunday, April 25, 2010 3:07 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Just a thought, are you running any third party firewall other than the windows firewall? If you're running third party firewall, you would need to configure it or alternatively uninstall it
    • Proposed as answer by Linda Yan Monday, April 26, 2010 8:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Wednesday, May 19, 2010 9:20 AM
    Sunday, April 25, 2010 3:07 PM
    Answerer
  • I agree with Daniel. According to the error message, the issue should be caused by certain security software is blocking the internet connection. Please temporary disable or uninstall the firewall and anti-virus software to check the result. If the issue persists, access Clean Boot to check the issue. If the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, we continue to narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

Monday, April 26, 2010 8:31 AM
  • my micro trend security ended the day it wouldnt conect would that have anything to do with it?
    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 3:12 PM
  • my micro trend security ended the day it wouldnt conect would that have anything to do with it?

Yes, as i mention earlier on either you need to configure micro trend security to access the net or uninstall it
    Wednesday, April 28, 2010 12:05 AM
    Answerer