Azure AD - Is it possible to remove the 'Authentication method' under Authentication contact info for Users by Default RRS feed

• Question

• By default, when creating a user under Azure AD, the user has authentication contact info enabled for authentication method. Is there a way to disable it (any policies) so that users can access myapps.microsoft.com without MFA. 

I am using Azure AD free tier and not Premium. 

Also, I verified MFA policy and they are all disabled for free users. So, am not sure why am not able to bypass the authentication verification for a test user. 

Can anyone help please? 

Thanks! 

Saturday, May 9, 2020 11:55 AM

All replies

• You can also post AAD related questions on a new MS forum below. Use azure-active-directory tag

https://docs.microsoft.com/answers/questions/ask.html

If the response helped, do "Mark as answer" and upvote it
    - Vaibhav

Saturday, May 9, 2020 1:27 PM
  • By default, when creating a user under Azure AD, the user has authentication contact info enabled for authentication method. Is there a way to disable it (any policies) so that users can access myapps.microsoft.com without MFA. 

I am using Azure AD free tier and not Premium. 

Also, I verified MFA policy and they are all disabled for free users. So, am not sure why am not able to bypass the authentication verification for a test user. 

Can anyone help please? 

Thanks! 

Hello Machintosh81,

Sound like you might have the Baseline MFA Policy of Conditional Access enabled in your tenant. Here's the document on where to check for the same. Disable all Conditional Policies for MFA and then re-try with the user.

Let us know how it goes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We're migrating from MSDN to Microsoft Q&A as our new forums and Azure Active Directory has already made the move!  In future, you can ask and look for the discussion for Azure Active Directory related questions here:   https://docs.microsoft.com/answers/topics/azure-active-directory.html. We are actively working to onboard remaining Azure services on Microsoft Q&A. We will make a public announcement once complete. Want to Learn more about new platform: Microsoft Q&A Getting Started

Monday, May 11, 2020 2:04 PM
  • Hello,

Any update on the issue?

If the suggested response helped you resolve your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and "Up-Vote" for the answer that helped you for benefit of the community.

Thanks.
    Tuesday, May 12, 2020 3:00 PM
  • Hello,

Any update on the issue?

If the suggested response helped you resolve your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and "Up-Vote" for the answer that helped you for benefit of the community.

Thanks.
    Tuesday, May 19, 2020 3:27 PM