none
Replication in Progress

Question

• Hi,

I had an issue in Group Policy via the infrastructure check saying that replication was in progress and that "The sysvol permissions for one or more GPOs on this domain controller are not in sync with the permissions for the GPOs on the baseline domain controller". This is on the active directory side rather than Sysvol.

I had never run the Infrastructure check before and put a Server 2012 DC on the domain in 2013. The only recent change has been that I moved away from FRS in favour of DFSR. However as it was AD permissions rather than sysvol I guess this might not be the cause... It may of been going on for sometime. I haven't and hadn't noticed any GP errors though.

I guess that if its just permissions that were not syncing and changes were then it could easily go un-noticed.

To get rid of the errors I have made copies of all the GP's in question using default permissions, replaced all the links and got rid of the old GPO's. It seems to be working fine, but is there anything else I should check?

Kind Regards,

John

Monday, April 18, 2016 11:05 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi John,
    First of all, appreciate your share regarding how to fix the issue.
    In my opinion, I would suggest you follow steps as below to check from the following parts
    1. Check DFS Replication using dfsrdiag command:
    dfsrdiag.exe syncnow /rgname:“domain system volume” /partner:yourBaselineDC /time:1 /verbose
    2. DNS check on all DCs, the first DNS server must be the DC itself.
    3. Force the authoritative synchronization for the DFSR-replicated SYSVOL ("D4" for FRS) from the PDC Emulator, please see details from: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2218556
    You could find more detail from:
    http://sysadminconcombre.blogspot.sg/2014/06/microsoft-dfs-r-problem-sysvol.html
    Please Note: Since the web sites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

In addition, here is an article about Infrastructure Status, you could also take a look for more reference:
    Group Policy in Windows Server 2012: Infrastructure Status
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/grouppolicy/2012/11/29/group-policy-in-windows-server-2012-infrastructure-status/

Regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 7:49 AM
  • I checked DFS using DFSRDIAG and it was fine, DNS is fine, don't really want to be fiddling about with an authoritive syncronisation as it seems to be running fine.

I suggest my fix worked. I hope it helps others.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 1:59 PM
  • Hi John,
    Your share about the solution of the issue will absolutely help others, thank you again for your share in this forum.
    Regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 22, 2016 1:26 AM