RCDC attribute length RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to customize RCDC to set the length of an attribute in the range of 6-30. I could set the MaxLength as following:

<my:Control my:Name="Alias" my:TypeName="UocTextBox" my:Caption="{Binding Source=schema, Path=MailNickname.DisplayName}" my:RightsLevel="{Binding Source=rights, Path=MailNickname}">
            <my:Properties>
              <my:Property my:Name="Required" my:Value="true"/>
              <my:Property my:Name="HintPath" my:Value="Hint"/>
              <my:Property my:Name="Text" my:Value="{Binding Source=object, Path=MailNickname, Mode=TwoWay}"/>
              <my:Property my:Name="MaxLength" my:Value="30"/>
              <my:Property my:Name="RegularExpression" my:Value="{Binding Source=schema, Path=MailNickname.StringRegex}"/>
            </my:Properties>
          </my:Control>

How do I set the minimum length and show error when less than 6 characters are entered?

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 9:56 PM

Answers

• I guess the easiest solution is to use a Regexp validation requiring 6 characters or more.

Did my post help? Please use "Vote As Helpful", "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

• Marked as answer by _Sourav_ Wednesday, January 18, 2017 4:45 PM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2017 1:30 PM

All replies

• I guess the easiest solution is to use a Regexp validation requiring 6 characters or more.

Did my post help? Please use "Vote As Helpful", "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

• Marked as answer by _Sourav_ Wednesday, January 18, 2017 4:45 PM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2017 1:30 PM
  • I was thinking that too. But wanted to explore other options.

Thanks.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 4:46 PM