Unable to deploy solution in SP2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I am unable to deploy solution and it is stuck on deploying status. IN ULS log I am getting error message as below:

Service Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.ProfileSynchronizationService, id 3c6bef38-c1f4-4453-955b-de78f7e91e71 not online, ignoring

The following error occured while trying to initialize the timer: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPTimerStore.GetLocalProvisionedServices(Boolean cacheOnlineInstances)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPTimerStore.InitializeTimer(Int64& cacheVersion, Object& jobDefinitions, Int32& timerMode, Guid& serverId, Boolean& isServerBusy)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPNativeConfigurationProvider.InitializeTimer(Int64& cacheVersion, Object& jobDefinitions, Int32& timerMode, Guid& serverId, Boolean& isServerBusy)

Exiting VwrapNativeConfigurationProvider::InitializeTimer
    An error occured while initializing the timer.

Any idea please?

Santosh sethi

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 7:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• Is this a solution you have the source code to?  If so, it looks like an issue during the FeatureActivated method on the Event Receiver.

SharePoint - Nauplius Applications
    Microsoft SharePoint Server MVP
    MCITP: SharePoint Administrator 2010

-----------------------
    This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 7:27 PM
  • There two OOB powerpivot solution I trying to deploying at stage environment. I successfully deployed the same solution in dev. I also cleared the cache but it didn't help me.

Santosh sethi

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 7:38 PM
  • Is the UPSA provisioned in your production environment?

Hope This Helps!

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 10:41 PM
  • UPSA is provisioned but we are not using this service, hence there is no data in it and the sync service is stopped at "services at server" in CA, Also we already disabled the FIM services in service console. I do have the similar architect in dev and it is working fine.

Santosh sethi

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:16 PM
  • Have you tried restarting SPTimerV4 if the solutions are currently hung in the deploying state?

SharePoint - Nauplius Applications
    Microsoft SharePoint Server MVP
    MCITP: SharePoint Administrator 2010

-----------------------
    This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:18 PM
  • Yes, I restarted the SharePoint timer services at both SharePoint servers and also ran the configuration wizard.

Santosh sethi

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:31 PM
  • I would try clearing the configuration cache using article: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jamesway/archive/2011/05/23/sharepoint-2010-clearing-the-configuration-cache.aspx

Thanks!

Regards,

Shruti

• Marked as answer by Qiao Wei Monday, May 6, 2013 5:30 AM
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 9:48 PM