none
Accessing Document on Mobile Device RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I currently have a Project Online Professional subscription which gives me access to Project 2016. I have created a project document that is linked to a Sharepoint Task List. 

I wondered if there was an option to view this on my mobile so I looked around a bit on the internet and I stumbled across an article on MS.I saw the mobile display of the tasks created inside Project 2016. So I searched Microsoft PPM which is "available" on multiple mobile OS, including Android.

I cannot find MS PPM on Play Store UK.

I would appreciate any guidance on how I can view Project 2016 data on a mobile device. Preferably how it is displayed on the MS website.

Many thanks.

Friday, December 23, 2016 2:06 PM

All replies

• https://products.office.com/en-gb/project/project-management
    Friday, December 23, 2016 2:06 PM
  • Hi ChicoRipa,

Here's a little confusion I think. Microsoft PPM is a (Mostly!) browser based solution. But won't be a download in "play store" because it's an enterprise solution. When you look at the product description link you provided it says "Access across devices". It only means that you can view the PPM solution on browsers such as Safari, Firefox, Edge and IE.

However, Microsoft Project 2016 is a application. And isn't available on mobile devices. Mostly due to the high level of complexity that comes in the application.

To answer your question on "how can I view Project 2016 data": you will have to "publish" the project to a Project Online (or Project Server) environment, and access the URL to that page using your mobile device. It won't look as good as on a tablet or desktop, and you will have some issues updating the schedule from a mobile device. But I do believe that partners, or Microsoft itself, will solve this issue with apps in the future.

Hope this answers the question.

Erik v H

Saturday, December 24, 2016 10:48 AM