Urgent Help please- POP emails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Support,

I have configured my account as POP and have enabled "Leave a copy of messages on the server"  and configured 1 day on "Remove from server after".

Now whenever my outlook restart it start downloading all the 1 day emails again and again.

I dont know why it is heppening. Please suggest on this. Thanks.

I am using Outlook 2010.
    • Edited by Steve Fan Tuesday, September 25, 2018 1:59 AM remove unwanted html codes
    Monday, September 24, 2018 9:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>Now whenever my outlook restart it start downloading all the 1 day emails again and again.

Do you mean there are duplicate 1 day emails in your Outlook?

Is this account also configured on other devices, such as other computers or phones? If any, try removing your account from other devices and then see whether this issue still continues.

Besides, where is the PST file stored? On your local drive or network share? It could be that the PST file is corrupted that is causing this issue. You may try creating a new PST file on your local drive and deliver your emails to the new PST. See whether this issue still happens.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 2:21 AM
  • Hello,

Yes, I have configured my emails <g class="gr_ gr_49 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" data-gr-id="49" id="49">in</g> my phone. So when I keep one day copy in outlook then I can able to see my emails on my mobile as well. I have not configured my emails anywhere else.

My PST file size is a single file in a local PC and <g class="gr_ gr_268 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="268" id="268">currently</g> it is <g class="gr_ gr_285 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="285" id="285">aroud</g> 48GB.

I am afraid if new PST will resolve this problem because I have seen many forums and they have not found any solution for this.

Please suggest what I can do in this matter. Thanks.

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 4:03 AM
  • Thank you for the update.

How did you configure your email account on your phone? Via POP or other protocols? If you are using a protocol that syncs with the mail server, such as IMAP, it may cause the duplicate emails issue. Try set up the account as POP3 on your phone and then see the result.

By the way, your PST file is too large, it's recommended to reduce your PST file size. A large PST file may easily got corrupted and causes a loss of data. You can use Archive feature to split your large PST file into several small PST files.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 6:29 AM
  • I configured as IMAP <g class="gr_ gr_191 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" data-gr-id="191" id="191">in</g> my mobile. If I set as POP then it will download all emails in mobiles <g class="gr_ gr_106 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear Style multiReplace" data-gr-id="106" id="106"><g class="gr_ gr_105 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="105" id="105">right</g> ?</g> I need all email should <g class="gr_ gr_150 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del" data-gr-id="150" id="150">goto</g> my outlook.

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 11:47 AM
  • Hi,

Any suggestion to avoid duplicate emails <g class="gr_ gr_51 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Style multiReplace" data-gr-id="51" id="51"><g class="gr_ gr_46 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="46" id="46">please</g> .</g>

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 7:01 AM
  • Thank you for the update. 

There used to have a known issue happened within in Outlook 2016, but I'm not sure whether Outlook 2010 is affected. However, it never hurts to keep your Outlook program up-to-date. Try installing all available updates for your Outlook 2010 and then monitor to see whether this issue continues.

To remove the duplicate items, follow the steps in the "More Information" section in the following Microsoft KB article:

Email is deleted from server or duplicated in Outlook 2016 when downloaded using POP3

(BTW, please properly format your response and remove those HTML codes as it makes the reply hard to read. It could demotivate other partners who want to help when seeing these unreadable codes.)

Regards,
    Steve Fan

• Edited by Steve Fan Thursday, September 27, 2018 4:37 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, September 28, 2018 9:32 AM
    Thursday, September 27, 2018 4:30 AM