Automatically change status if incident was updated by user RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,

for a long time now, I have been looking for a solution for our SCSM 2012 R2 to change the status from "Pending" to "Updated by User" when the user update his incident via Portal or Email. The extendeded status "Updated by User" is a child of the "Active" status, which I have created.
    According to my researches I have already tried almost all solution. The solutions work fine, but they did not respond to using the Exchange Connector. Here is the problem, because if the Incident is set to "Resolved" or "Closed" and the user would update this incident the status will also be set to "Updated by User" which is unsolicited.

Is there anyone who have an idea for a smarter way? Thank you in advance for your help.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 8:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Tracy,

Why don't you check the resolution for 'Resolved' or 'Closed' to avoid it?

Cheers,
    Marat
    Site: www.scutils.com  Twitter: LinkedIn: Graveyard:

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 12:32 PM
  • A solution that I implemented to handle this is to add a boolean property called EmailUpdate to the incident class. On the Exchange Connector I set a template that will flag these incidents as true.

Then I have a Powershell workflow that's checking for that flag and based on current status it will do one or the other.

I usually recommend using Pending when you're waiting on customer feedback, and then this workflow will update it to Active when they reply. If the incident is resolved it will reopen it, if it's closed it does nothing.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 1:01 PM
  • Hi Marat, i do not understand what you mean. Could you Detail it?

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 4:14 PM
  • Why not use a combination?

With the Exchange Connector, I use an empty Template, which only set the status back to Active, this can be changed.

By doing this, you can use the Keywords with the Exchange Connector or WITHOUT using any keywords, change the status back to a pre-determined status.

As long as you learn something new every day, the day is not wasted.

Thursday, April 17, 2014 7:14 AM
  • I think it help you http://blogs.technet.com/b/heyscriptingguy/archive/2013/03/21/use-the-powershell-ad-provider-to-modify-user-attributes.aspx
    • Proposed as answer by Persian (Gulf) Thursday, April 17, 2014 7:30 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Persian (Gulf) Thursday, April 17, 2014 7:30 AM
    Thursday, April 17, 2014 7:30 AM