Outlook 2016 for Mac No longer supports Gmail... RRS feed

• Question

• As far as I can see and from response back from Tech support GMAIL is no longer supported by Outlook...it sort of occasionally works but

You cant move emails to folders without them being duplicated, if you try and delete the dummy duplicate this can ( and its 50/50 ) delete thee actual email and the copy

Outlook does not sync with online GMAIL so folders in GMAIl no longer have same emails in them as in Outlook

You can not add edit or delete folders

You can not use categories

etc etc - responses from support:

If the account is added as Google Cloud Cache, Categories are not yet supported at this time here in Outlook for Mac.

<But Outlook does not give you an option.>

"As we still do not have an ETA for the fix at the moment, may I archive this ticket "

So rant over. It's broken.

Thursday, February 14, 2019 5:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to my test and the official article below, Gmail can still be configured on Outlook for Mac.

Can I sync my Google account with Outlook for Mac?

However, there are some known issues when you sync Google accounts to the Microsoft Cloud including “Categories are not supported”.
    For more details, please refer to this article.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, February 15, 2019 8:35 AM
  • Hi,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    And if you need further assistance on this, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 1, 2019 9:30 AM