NEED HELP: Strange Sound - W7 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not sure if this is the right place to go for this, and if its not, then I truely appologize for being annoying.

Yesterday I installed Windows 7 Ultimate to my computer, and ever since then I've been sort of randomly getting this strange sound out of my speakers. I usually only hear it when I start writing somewhere, after not having written something for 15-20 seconds, but it tends to go off randomly as I'm writing something as well, but I've never heard it when I wasnt writing something. And yes, it doesnt matter where I'm writing - wether it is in a random IM conversation over AIM, MSN or in my browser or office, It just keeps coming back.

I'm really sorry for not having too much info about it, but that's all I really know about it. And I think I've gone through all the system sounds on Windows, without figuring out what it is, where it's coming from or why it's there. If someone could help me figure this out, then I'd really appreciate it.

I've uploaded a 7 second long audioclip that I taped to show you the sound to this website: http://drop.io/WindowsSound

I wasn't sure where else to post it, but if you just go there and click on the link then it'll open and you can hear it. The sound begins and ends somewhere between 4-7 sec.

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP Thursday, August 19, 2010 10:27 PM Moved to proper forum category (From:Windows 7 Genuine Advantage Validation Issues (Windows 7))
    • Edited by NathanSinatra Friday, August 20, 2010 1:15 PM
    Thursday, August 19, 2010 9:56 PM

Answers

• Hi, did you write on a screen-keyboard or typed on a physical keyboard? As you said the issue appeared when you writing something, it is a possible that the

issue caused by a key stuck on keyboard. You can try using Tablet PC Input to write and see if the problem occurs.

Also you can try to change another keyboard for test, or unplug this keyboard and connect to another available computer for a test.

Hope it helps.

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, August 30, 2010 1:14 AM
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 2:19 AM

All replies

• Still need help with this one..
    Friday, August 20, 2010 1:15 PM
  • Hi, did you write on a screen-keyboard or typed on a physical keyboard? As you said the issue appeared when you writing something, it is a possible that the

issue caused by a key stuck on keyboard. You can try using Tablet PC Input to write and see if the problem occurs.

Also you can try to change another keyboard for test, or unplug this keyboard and connect to another available computer for a test.

Hope it helps.

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, August 30, 2010 1:14 AM
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 2:19 AM