exchange external mail issue RRS feed

• Question

• In send connector when i try to add Exchange 2016 servers i start getting bounce back. while trouble shooting when i try to do telnet to gateway ip i get message Remote Server returned '554 5.7.1 <xyz@domain.com>: Relay access denied'.

Your message wasn't delivered due to a permission or security issue. It may have been rejected by a moderator, the address may only accept email from certain senders, or another restriction may be preventing delivery.

The following organization rejected your message: mail.domain.com.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: server.xxxx.com

xyz@domain.com

mail.domain.com

Remote Server returned '554 5.7.1 <xyz@domain.com>: Relay access denied'

abc@outlook.com

mail.domain.com

Remote Server returned '554 5.7.1 <abc@outlook.com>: Relay access denied'

Original message headers:

Received: from server.xxxx.com (192.18.1.227) by

server.xxxx.com (192.18.1.231) with Microsoft SMTP Server

(version=TLS1_2, cipher=TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256_P256) id

15.1.1591.10; Tue, 20 Aug 2019 12:49:36 +0530

Received: from server.xxxx.com ([192.18.69.227]) by

server.xxxx.com ([192.18.69.227]) with mapi id 15.01.1591.008;

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 5:26 PM

All replies

• Hello , 

Looks like you need to allow/trust the IP address of your Exchange 2016 servers on the gateway device to which your Exchange 2016 servers attempt to relay Emails.

You need to allow the IP address of your Exchange 2016 servers on the Smart host (gateway) configured in your send connector.

Thanks & Regards S.Nithyanandham

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 7:50 PM
  • Hi,

Agree with Nithyanandham Singaravadivelu, and please check your send connector settings. You can check this document for how to Create a Send connector to route outbound mail through a smart host

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 29, 2019 6:47 AM
  • Is there any update on this thread?

If you have solved your problem, could you share with us? Maybe it will help more people with similar problems. 

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 1:22 AM