Striped hard drives from XP RRS feed

• Question

• I have a system right now that Im using as a dual boot config.  I run MCE 2005, and now I have installed Vista on another partition.  Setup went fine installing all of my hardware, but now I have a problem.  I had two 120 gb hard drives stripped together (within MCE2005 disk management) acting as my media drive for recorded TV and music.  They are not showing up in Vista, and when I go into disk management to activate the hard drives Vista wants to convert them to basic disks.  I obvioulsy know that if I do this it will format my drives, so Im trying to figure out how Vista can recognize them as a striped set.

Why this seems odd to me is that I have reinstalled MCE 2005 (clean install) many times on this PC to give it a fresh start, and or to get rid of spyware and MCE 2005 could always activate this disks with no problem....

Confused,

Andrew

Thursday, February 8, 2007 7:52 PM

Answers

• Do you have other hard disk as external one? If it's like that, is there a driver digitally signed by Microsoft for it? Try to remove it and if it supports hot plugging , you can safely insert it while Vista is running to scan for it and definite it correctly. CAUSION: IF YOU'RE NOT SURE WHETHER YOUR HARD DRIVE SUPPORTS HOT PLUGGING, DO NOT REMOVE OR INSERT IT WHILE YOUR COMPUTER IS RUNNING TO AVOID DATA LOSS OR DRIVE DAMAGE.

Good luck

Friday, February 9, 2007 2:44 PM