Outlook 2016 starts in offline mode. RRS feed

• Question

• Seems kinda random but I have a user that is running Windows 10 pro and office 365 pro 2016, when he turns on his PC and then goes to launch outlook it opens in offline mode. It's easily corrected by turning off work offline under send and recieve but it is annoying to the user. Everything I found basically pointed to setting "When starting, select Automatically detect connection state or Manually control connection state." to manual but this option is missing in outlook 2016.
    Thursday, October 20, 2016 2:34 PM

Answers

• Hi Jason,

So this only happens to one specific user and only occurs randomly?

The mentioned option was removed from Outlook 2016. Is the faulty user working in the same network environment as other users (who don't have such an issue)?

To eliminate the possibility that there's a fault in the user's current Outlook profile, create a new profile. If you open Outlook using the new profile and it’s still disconnected, try removing the account and then adding it back again.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, October 21, 2016 6:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Jason,

So this only happens to one specific user and only occurs randomly?

The mentioned option was removed from Outlook 2016. Is the faulty user working in the same network environment as other users (who don't have such an issue)?

To eliminate the possibility that there's a fault in the user's current Outlook profile, create a new profile. If you open Outlook using the new profile and it’s still disconnected, try removing the account and then adding it back again.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, October 21, 2016 6:16 AM
  • Jason, did you ever get an answer to this question? I'm having the same issue and creating a new profile is not an option in our case.
    Monday, August 28, 2017 12:57 PM
  • Try this: https://youtu.be/4c_CtFn-tGY

Monday, December 4, 2017 7:42 PM