none
Email send delays after UpGrade of Office365 Exchange online March 2013 using Outlook 2010 desktop client RRS feed

• Question

• hello

Microsoft upgraded us to the new and improved Office365 Exchange Online a couple of weeks ago and since that time many of my users complain of having to wait 2-3 minutes when sending an email (computer and Outlook quits responding during this time). 

I have contacted Office365 support and all they can tell me is Outlooks works great via the on-line portal -- therefore it must be an Outlook client issue -- out of the scope of support -- have a nice day.

Has anyone else experenced any issues after the update to a Cffice365 Exchange 2013 infrastructure?

If you have had problems with Outlook (2007,2010,2013) not responding please let me know if there was a solution.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 10:07 PM

All replies

• Does the slow sending issue happen in all user's client? If yes, we need to use some network tool (Sniffer) and analyze the log to find the root.

If it issue only happens in few users, please try to create a new profile and run Outlook in safe mode (Outlook.exe /safe) to check the result.

By the way, could you tell me that where are you located in? Feel free to post back. Thanks. 
    Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Friday, April 12, 2013 9:36 AM
  • I am sure I know the answer to this but did you ever get a response from the Microsoft Mountain with regard to the upgrade and your Outlook client.  I am getting some users reporting the same problem.
    Wednesday, April 17, 2013 1:42 PM
  • Hello

Did you get a chance to review this and follow the recommendations?

Outlook performance is slow in the Office 365 environment  : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2441551

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:27 AM
    Answerer
  • hello,

I finally got a good Support Engineer from the Outlook client group - he was in the process of troubleshooting the issue when we went into account settings and did a rebuild of the account.  That appeared to work for a couple of weeks, but now it is back again and I am again on hold for tech support.

The rebuild did not appear to help this time.

Seattle, WA, USA

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 10:08 PM
  • Try the rebuild in account settings  -- that helped the first time.   I believe when they upgraded all the server information changed which caused delays while Outlook went lookikng for the proper server.  When you do a rebuild it locates the correct server and works properly (for a while).

The way Tech support explained it to me is there is no longer a single server where you email located but instead a pointer that will get you to a server in the cloud somewhere. 

Dave

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 10:13 PM
  • I have printed out the guide and will confirm that most of it is already done and check out the rest.

Thanks much for the link.

Dave

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 10:14 PM
  • Thanks for the update, Dave

Please let me know if there are any other concerns

Thursday, May 2, 2013 7:22 AM
    Answerer
  • We are having similar issues: after the upgrade to Wave 15, some Outlook 2010 users  have performance issues on startup. I  believe we have tracked it down to Mailbox and folder sharing.

If A user is mapped to NO shared mailboxes and NO shared calendars, then outlook starts ok. But if they have automapped folders or have manually mapped shared calendars, then we get a delay in outlook 2010 starting of 3-10 minutes.

It's definitely an outlook 2010 issue trying to connect or do something. If you disconnect the network cable and wait for outlook to realize the network connection has dropped, and then reconnect the cable, Outlook almost immediately starts responding again. And will continue to work ok until the user restarts Outlook 2010 at which point it goes back to non-responsive.

Monday, May 6, 2013 7:17 PM