antivirus software RRS feed

• Question

•  i would just like to know why we have to pay for antivirus software . should the manufacturers pay for your protection from hackers

and virus antivirus and all the jargon that comes with computers . you dont buy other electrical goods like dvd players and other stuff and get viruses on it and the cost for norton and all other virus protection is ridiculous the profit that windows and all other

companys are getting from selling computers should cover at least the lifetime of one.  why can we not get free antivirus hacker protection if you use a tablet it is protected why is computers not ? it says your passwords and  bank and credit cards are at fret if you dont have it on this is not right if you have bought a new product . if there are any antivirus hackers full protection products that is free please could you let me know as the cost is to expensive and unnecessary and in my opinion is a big con . regards  deep heat......

Saturday, April 22, 2017 2:23 PM

All replies

• First of all, support for Windows Vista is already ended.

It means, even if you use Anti-Virus software, you won't be protected, because you won't get security updates any more:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/22882/windows-vista-end-of-support

However, there were several free Anti-Virus software for Windows Vista such as Microsoft Security Essentials.

Since support for Windows Vista is ended, you should upgrade to supported version of Windows and if you upgrade to Windows 10, Anti-Virus is already inside your Windows.

Saturday, April 22, 2017 3:17 PM