none
Lock Out Synchronization Across Systems RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to synchronize account lockout information across two systems. Example: When the AD account is locked/unlocked, I would like to lock/unlock the user on an Oracle Directory [set a specific attribute]. Normal password synchronization is an event based mechanism and can be done right away. Other attributes are synced via the 'batch sync'.   If the batch sync is the only way to accomplish lock/unlock sync across systems, then I would have to schedule the batch process to run quiet frequently (which I would like to avoid). Any suggestions?

Monday, September 24, 2012 7:23 PM

Answers

• There are some 3rd party tools for FIM that accomplish a 'real-time' synchronization capability, but there's nothing native in FIM that will help - except frequent sync cycles of course..

Frank C. Drewes III - Architect - Oxford Computer Group

Monday, September 24, 2012 9:10 PM

All replies

• There are some 3rd party tools for FIM that accomplish a 'real-time' synchronization capability, but there's nothing native in FIM that will help - except frequent sync cycles of course..

Frank C. Drewes III - Architect - Oxford Computer Group

Monday, September 24, 2012 9:10 PM
  • Thanks Frank. Can you mention some of these products? How well do they work? 
    Monday, September 24, 2012 9:12 PM
  • Any suggestions for custom development or products?
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 10:37 PM