Office 365 and SharePoint Server 2010 Site Import and Export RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know if it is possible to export an Office 365 team site? If so, can this exported site be imported into an on-premise SharePoint 2010 farm? or vise-versa.

Thanks,  

-Wayne Magnum
    Friday, December 2, 2011 7:45 PM

Answers

• In Site Settings you can choose Save Template as and then enable checkbox for including content of this site. Next you can use this solution as a sandbox or you can import WSP into Visual Studio 2010 (actually there is a special type of SharePoint 2010 project for importing WSP). And finally you can change scope of the feature for the farm.

• Marked as answer by Seven M Friday, December 9, 2011 8:45 AM
    Saturday, December 3, 2011 7:36 PM
  • Saving as a template will only save the first 10MB of content though so this may not be the best way.

You could also use some form of migration tool like MetaVis Migrator which supports O365 (I don't work for them, I just know it does it there are others too)

Also you could do a manual copy which is the most painful.

Thanks

Matthew Hughes

@mattmoo2
    @MattHughesCK
    New to SharePoint? Check out SharePoint 365 lots of intro posts for beginners.
    • Proposed as answer by mattmoo2 Sunday, December 4, 2011 9:22 AM
    Sunday, December 4, 2011 9:22 AM

All replies

• In Site Settings you can choose Save Template as and then enable checkbox for including content of this site. Next you can use this solution as a sandbox or you can import WSP into Visual Studio 2010 (actually there is a special type of SharePoint 2010 project for importing WSP). And finally you can change scope of the feature for the farm.

Saturday, December 3, 2011 7:36 PM
  • Saving as a template will only save the first 10MB of content though so this may not be the best way.

You could also use some form of migration tool like MetaVis Migrator which supports O365 (I don't work for them, I just know it does it there are others too)

Also you could do a manual copy which is the most painful.

Thanks

Matthew Hughes

@mattmoo2
    @MattHughesCK
    New to SharePoint? Check out SharePoint 365 lots of intro posts for beginners.
    • Proposed as answer by mattmoo2 Sunday, December 4, 2011 9:22 AM
    Sunday, December 4, 2011 9:22 AM
  • Thanks for the feedback.
    -Wayne Magnum
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 1:33 PM
  • Thanks for the feedback
    -Wayne Magnum
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 1:34 PM