none
WindowsInstalledSoftwareFull MAP table RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have exported the MAP Toolkit Inventory data to an SQL instance to be able to query data.

On the WindowsInstalledSoftwareFull table there is the SystemComponent field that I would like to know what it means.

Some installed softwares on computers (the same exact version) insert 2 lines in the table. The only difference between the 2 records is that one record as the SystemComponent value set to 0 and the other set to 1.

This is annoying because for licensing compliance purposes I get the exact same version of the software counted twice for a single machine.

Any input on this subject is most welcomed. 

Friday, February 6, 2015 8:45 AM

All replies

• You should not be using that table for license compliance purposes anyways as it is missing crucial data like SQL editions, Exchange edition and similar.

Here is MAPs official guide on getting a computer view of installed software:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/mapblog/archive/2013/01/28/how-to-get-a-computer-by-computer-view-of-installed-software-using-the-map-toolkit.aspx

If using the suggested link please be careful as we noticed that 'Product Editions' reported are often not correct. Take SQL for example, we found this view to report editions of a certain SQL instances as Enterprise but the same MAP tool and it's SQL report from the 'SQL Server Discovery' section would have Standard indicated.

We confirmed that the SQL report was correct and the 'Product Edition' in this view was invalid.

Cheers!

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 4:48 PM