none
Event ID: 2048 "The Remote Desktop Connection Broker server detected that the database is not available..."

Question

• In our connection broker HA setup, I get this error every day on both of my broker servers.  How do I go about troubleshooting this?

- Security group contains both CB servers
    - Security group added as sysadmin in SQL Server
    - Security group added to RDS database's 'User Mapping' as db_owner; Default Schema = blank
    - Security group added as local administrator in Windows hosting SQL Server

Any ideas?

Friday, April 21, 2017 5:33 PM

All replies

• In Server Manager I see the following errors:

Event ID 1306 (TerminalServices-SessionBroker-Client/Operational)
    Remote Desktop Connection Broker Client failed to redirect the user CONTOSO\jdoe. 
    Error: NULL

Event ID 2056 (TerminalServices-SessionBroker/Operational)
    The Remote Desktop Connection Broker server could not enumerate the targets for the provider named NULL from the database.

Pooled virtual desktop collection name: NULL
    Error: Error code: 0xFFFFFFFF.

I've even tried re-adding the 2nd connection broker and now running into certificate issues even though I'm using the same self-signed wildcard cert issued by our internal CA.

Friday, April 21, 2017 5:36 PM
  • Hi,

Please ensure that the SQL Instance is running and required firewall ports are open on the SQL server.

If the SQL Instance is up after RD Connection Brokers are running, please restart RD Connection Brokers.

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 24, 2017 8:19 AM