Older App Problem RRS feed

• Question

• I've been stumped on this for almost a year.  I need to install over 5,000 copies of a way old program.  The program is called Aery 32.  Can someone take a look and see if there's a way to install it using software center?  I've tried as a 32-bit app, not as a 32-bit app, for user, for system, etc.  I'm having these problems on a lot of the programs for Project Lead the Way and I thought if I can figure one out, I can try it on the others.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/support-downloads.pltw.org/2020-21/Aery/Installation+guide+for+Aery.pdf

Friday, June 19, 2020 5:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you very much to provide the detaild information for the problem. It seems this is an old VB6 program and I'm afraid the setup program may not run properly in newer Operating System.

For our problem, we could see the deployed package in the software center, right? And the end user cannot launch them? If this is the case, it seems there is little we can do at configruation manager side. It's program's behavior.

As an alternative, we may consider deploying the package as portble (using .bat). Here's general steps for your reference:
    1, copy the required files to the destination computer (see below sample picture)
    2, regsvr32.exe to register some .dll files (if necessary)
    3, create a shortcut at desktop (if necessary)

If the problem persists, as the final choice, we may include this program into the golden image for deployment.

Hope the above information helps.

Regards,

Alex Zhu
    -----------------------------------------------
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Monday, June 22, 2020 1:09 AM