none
WINPROJ.EXE Application Error in Print Utility RRS feed

• Question

• I received this error in print utility as soon as I asked for a preview of my .mpp file.  The error

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process ID=0x38dc (14556), Thread ID=0x329c (12956).

Click OK to terminate the application.

Click CANCEL to debug the application.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 6:00 PM

All replies

• cinthiahg,

What version of Project are you using? Is it updated with the latest Cumulative Updates?

Do you have another printer available that you could try? If so, does the fault occur with that printer as well?

Unfortunately the error message doesn't tell us anything. The issue could be anything from a bad print driver to a problem with Project itself or perhaps a corrupt Project Global file or a corrupt project file.

Do you also get the error with a new Project file? If not, then I would suspect a problem with the file you are trying to print/preview. Try saving as XML and then re-open in Project. Does that work?

If the problem occurs with any project file, try doing a repair of Project. If that doesn't help find your working Global file and move it to the trash. Then re-start Project, a new default Global will be generated. Note, you will lose any custom views, filters, etc. using this process.

Try some of those thing and then let us know if you still have the issue but also answer the questions I asked above.

John

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 6:26 PM