none
Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V Manager TLS 1.2 support for vmconnect.exe RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft .Net framework patch 3154518 applied and registry key "SystemDefaultTlsVersions" set to 1 in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v2.0.50727"

TLS 1.2 support enabled (Server and Client).  TLS 1.0 "Enabled" set to 0 in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.0\Client"  When attempting to make "Virtual Machine Connection" from "Hyper-V Manager" get "An authentication error has occurred.  The client and server cannot communicate, because they do not possess a common algorithm."  How do I get "Virtual Machine Connection" to use TLS 1.2 (vmconnect.exe)? If I set enabled to 1 in "TLS 1.0\Client" Key, then the connection works. Setting enabled to 0 in "TLS 1.0\Client" Key then the connection fails.
    Friday, April 7, 2017 6:17 PM

All replies

• Second. You ever get this figured out?
    Wednesday, August 9, 2017 12:05 AM
  • Have you ever got a solution, as we are facing the same issue since running TLS 1.2 only on Windows 2008 R2 SP1 Hyper-V host and can't connect to the VMs via Hyper-V Manager anymore. We having also this TLS 1.0 Errors logged on System log regarding Schannel. How have you solved to run this platform in TLS 1.2 only mode?
    Thursday, August 2, 2018 3:52 PM
  • We started having this issue after October 2018 Windows updates. I haven't found the solution yet.
    Wednesday, October 17, 2018 2:05 PM