Server 2008 R2 - Can't Load Roles RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

So I have a problem which is described here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winservermanager/thread/95a81f6f-2e3b-4b2d-bc0d-a7145390ac7c And I saw the solution that Kevin suggested, but my one problem is that the issued server is the only computer I have in my office running this system operation.

Can anyone please guide me how to configure the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\StoreFormatVersion correctly?

Regards,

Or

Sunday, October 28, 2012 12:31 PM

Answers

• Hmm it should have downloaded any required updates for the repair and should have worked. You may be left with clean installing it.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Sunday, October 28, 2012 4:12 PM

All replies

• Has the update readiness tool been run without error?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/What-is-the-System-Update-Readiness-Tool?SignedIn=1

Then check the
    %SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log
    file for errors.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Sunday, October 28, 2012 12:36 PM
  • No, 

As I stated above, I have the exact same problem, my update readiness tool has returned the error:

(f) CSI Unable to Query Store Version 0x00000002

Sunday, October 28, 2012 12:39 PM
  • This one may help.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2255099

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Sunday, October 28, 2012 1:05 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks. I'm getting the following message:

"Your current version of Windows is more recent than the version you are trying to upgrade to. Windows cannot complete the upgrade. "

Should I install it anyway?

In the parallell solution, I managed to install the operating system on another computer, but I'm not sure which part of the config should I copy (as I don't want all my users, configs etc. to be gone). Do you have an idea?

Sunday, October 28, 2012 1:53 PM
  • Is this before or after Go online to obtain the latest updates?

I looked at that thread and the proposed solution was to copy C:\windows\system32\config\*.* which is the entire windows registry. As far as I know that's not possible online and would not be desireable even offline.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Sunday, October 28, 2012 2:15 PM
  • After, at the last step of the installation, and I just figured out it's not an option to continue past that phase with the installation disk.

I also tried to copy the registry keys that are talked about in the other thread, but it still won't help.

Any more ideas?

Sunday, October 28, 2012 3:29 PM
  • Hmm it should have downloaded any required updates for the repair and should have worked. You may be left with clean installing it.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Sunday, October 28, 2012 4:12 PM