Outlook 2010 not receiving emails RRS feed

• Question

• We never had this problem before.

In the office we are able to send emails to each other. We have laptops out in the field and we can send them emails and they can receive it, but when it comes time for them to send emails to us in the office we don't receive them. Especially if there are attachments involved. The people out in the field don't get an error message and it actually shows the email have been successfully sent, but we just don't receive them here in the office. How do we fix this?

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 5:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please logon the Webmail of your emails, can you see the emails sent from the laptops? Have you tested if the laptops can send emails to other addresses?

I suggest you logon your webmail to check if there are any settings that may block the laotop senders, such as a black list. You can also contact the Internet Service Provider to consult if they have blocked the sender domain.

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 24, 2014 6:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What type of account do you use? Can you receive emails from others?

Please also logon the Webmail(owa) to check if the emails are received.

If you are using an IMAP or POP3 account, please confirm the Incoming Server is configured correctly:

Click File->Info->Account Settings, locate your account and click change.... then click More Settings to configure Incoming mail server.

For more troubleshooting steps, you can refer to this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286040/en-us

Regards,

Melon Chen

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 2:58 PM
  • I don't know what you mean by "What type of account do you use?"

Everyone in the company is setup to Outlook.  The laptops can all receive emails.  It's just sending emails that there is a problem.  It shows sent on their end and no error message but no one receives them.

I have been on the phone with our service provider and they confirmed our configuration was correct.  We logged on to the webmail version as well and there was no issues there.  So to them they were thinking there was something wrong with the desktop version of outlook.  

If we need to have the laptops use the webmail version is there a sync option that way they can get all the emails from Outlook onto the webmail?

• Edited by J-Raflash Wednesday, February 5, 2014 4:29 PM
    Wednesday, February 5, 2014 4:29 PM
  • Hi,

There are several Account Types in Outlook, such as Exchange, IMAP and POP3.

To tell which type you are using, please go to File tab -> Account Settings -> Account Settings, find your account and find the account type under Type column.

Now I'm kind of confused, the issue was not receiving emails now not sending emails?

No matter the issue is in sending or receiving, please disable the firewall and anti-virus program to try again.

We can also create a new profile to setup the account, then send a test email to ourselves, any issue?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918/en-us

Regards,

Melon Chen

Thursday, February 6, 2014 7:43 AM
  • O.k.  Looks as though we are POP3.

We use the Microsoft Security Essentials on all the computers and laptops.

I guess the issue is both.  We have 4-5 laptops out in the field.  When these laptops send emails to us in the office we don't receive them.  It shows sent on their end but we don't get them.  Everyone here in the office can send emails to the laptops and the laptops receive them no problem.

We have done the new profile test and still the same issue.

Thursday, February 6, 2014 5:45 PM
  • Hi,

Please logon the Webmail of your emails, can you see the emails sent from the laptops? Have you tested if the laptops can send emails to other addresses?

I suggest you logon your webmail to check if there are any settings that may block the laotop senders, such as a black list. You can also contact the Internet Service Provider to consult if they have blocked the sender domain.

Regards,

Melon Chen

Monday, February 24, 2014 6:08 AM