none
Sleep & Hibernate are grayed out & cannot use either on Win7 (64bit) Acer laptop. RRS feed

• Question

• I tried the CMD: 'powercfg -h on' & it says "Hibernation failed with the following error: The request is not supported. The following items are preventing hibernation on this system. There are one or more legacy drivers installed: VgaSave. An internal system component has disabled hibernation.
    Tuesday, January 10, 2017 3:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What is make and model name of your computer?

Regards,
    Ashidacchi
    Tuesday, January 10, 2017 5:55 AM
  • Hi Franc Z,

According to your description, often with Acer's the newest BIOS maybe fix that problem. Before you upgrade the BIOS be sure to make a backup and have a restore point just in case.

If the BIOS upgrade does not repair the problem video drivers can also prevent sleep/hibernate.

Also please refer to the link below about how to disable and re-enable hibernation on a computer that is running Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/920730/how-to-disable-and-re-enable-hibernation-on-a-computer-that-is-running-windows

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 9:40 AM
  • Hi Franc Z,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 26, 2017 7:13 AM
  • Hi Franc Z,

Any update?

Thursday, February 16, 2017 8:50 AM