none
Client side initiation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I'm sure its a simple question, but how do I start a task sequence from a client ?? I can pxe boot no problem, but is there a script I can run, that would mount the wim and do the pc reinstall ???

Thanks

Thursday, September 1, 2016 12:47 PM

Answers

• As Ty said that's the script to use. You can easily write a batch file to map a drive letter to your deployment share and then run cscript litetouch.vbs

Then keep that batch file on a flash drive you carry with you or copy it to a network location that your computers would have access to.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Thursday, September 1, 2016 4:15 PM
  • To launch MDT from within a client OS you would run the life touch.vbs script from your deployment share e. g. 

\\<MDTServer>\<Share>\scripts\Litetouch.vbs

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Thursday, September 1, 2016 3:05 PM

All replies

• To launch MDT from within a client OS you would run the life touch.vbs script from your deployment share e. g. 

\\<MDTServer>\<Share>\scripts\Litetouch.vbs

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Thursday, September 1, 2016 3:05 PM
  • As Ty said that's the script to use. You can easily write a batch file to map a drive letter to your deployment share and then run cscript litetouch.vbs

Then keep that batch file on a flash drive you carry with you or copy it to a network location that your computers would have access to.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Thursday, September 1, 2016 4:15 PM
  • Thanks for that.

I was using that, and it would just error. It was complaining about installing a client OS on a server OS (It was a Server 2012 OS) . I managed to find the verify option in the task sequence and modified that.

Thanks again

Friday, September 2, 2016 4:03 AM