none
“project pro for office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• I was eagerly looking for a project management software and fortunately came across your office project pro 365 product

While looking up on the website office, I had some questions rising concerning the project pro for office 365” – 25 dollars/per user/ per month option

It is mentioned that it can be installed on up to 5 pcs.

Here are some questions I would like you to answer to help my purchase. (FYI I am planning to share this software with a team of 5 people)

1. Does that mean that if I pay 25 dollars, me and my other 4 team mates will have equal access and manipulation of the software(insert/edit)?
    2. Or is it only one person getting some sort of ID and password that give access to Cloud and other 4 people just having the right to view the files(such as Gantt chart etc.)
    3. I was informed that if I go with this option I will have to take project online to have a cloud subscription(extra 33dollars). Is that correct?
    4. If a get an ID and Password, will it be on a single designated PC or doesnt it matter far as it is among the 5 pcs where the software is installed?
    5. Do you have any other options to recommend considering we are a group of 5 people and want at least 2 people to have the right to have access to the software and be able to write or edit while the other 3 members can view the shared files of charts?

Thank you for your answer in advance!

Monday, March 16, 2015 5:37 PM

All replies

• I was eagerly looking for a project management software and fortunately came across your office project pro 365 product

While looking up on the website office, I had some questions rising concerning the project pro for office 365” – 25 dollars/per user/ per month option

It is mentioned that it can be installed on up to 5 pcs.

Here are some questions I would like you to answer to help my purchase. (FYI I am planning to share this software with a team of 5 people)

1. Does that mean that if I pay 25 dollars, me and my other 4 team mates will have equal access and manipulation of the software(insert/edit)?
    2. Or is it only one person getting some sort of ID and password that give access to Cloud and other 4 people just having the right to view the files(such as Gantt chart etc.)
    3. I was informed that if I go with this option I will have to take project online to have a cloud subscription(extra 33dollars). Is that correct?
    4. If a get an ID and Password, will it be on a single designated PC or doesnt it matter far as it is among the 5 pcs where the software is installed?
    5. Do you have any other options to recommend considering we are a group of 5 people and want at least 2 people to have the right to have access to the software and be able to write or edit while the other 3 members can view the shared files of charts?

Thank you for your answer in advance!

Monday, March 16, 2015 5:37 PM
  • heyine,

Just for your reference, this forum is manned by volunteers. We do not work for, nor are we associated with, Microsoft. The questions you are asking are better left to your Microsoft supplier or the end user's license agreement for Office 365. You might want to start with this link:

https://products.office.com/en-us/project/microsoft-project-licensing?legRedir=true&CorrelationId=c8663b38-310c-4e54-934c-06d020a905e4

Hope this helps.

John

Monday, March 16, 2015 7:41 PM
  • Redundant posting (duplicate)

John

Monday, March 16, 2015 7:42 PM
  • However, to answer the questions...

1. That is upto 5 PCs for a single user, not spread across multiple users.

2. One user gets one ID.  

3. No, Project Online is a separate product.  

4. It doesn't matter.  You can log into one of 5 PCs and install Project Pro for 0365.  If you no longer have access to a PC, you can "de-activate" it using the web, and then install on another.

5.  Buy 5 licences.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Monday, March 16, 2015 10:21 PM