none
Project Site Creation Failed (Custom Template) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all, I am getting this error message when creating a Project Site using a custom template: General CreateWssSiteContent: Creating project site failed! Project Uid=54381924-783f-47e7-8856-2d2a2267e17a, site URL=https://abcd/abcdefg/test_sj_1, site name=test_sj_1. Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: The site template requires that the Feature {e978b1a6-8de7-49d0-8600-09a250354e14} be activated in the site collection. at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SPUtility.ThrowSPExceptionWithTraceTag(UInt32 tagId, ULSCat traceCategory, String resourceId, Object[] resourceArgs) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWebTemplateElement.VerifyFeatures(XmlNodeList xmlNodeFeatures, SPWeb applyTemplateToThisWeb, Boolean checkIsFeatureActivatedInSiteCollection) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWebTemplateElement.VerifyFeaturesInWebTemplate(SPWeb applyTemplateToThisWeb) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.LoadFeatureWebTemplateContent(SPFeatureWebTemplate featureWebTemplate) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.ApplyWebTemplate(String strWebTemplate) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite.CreateWeb(String strUrl, String strTitle, String strDescription, UInt32 nLCID, String strWebTemplate, Boolean bCreateUniqueSubweb, Boolean bConvertIfThere, Guid webId, Guid rootFolderId, Boolean createSystemCatalogs) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite.SPWebCollectionProvider.CreateWeb(String strWebUrl, String strTitle, String strDescription, UInt32 nLCID, String strWebTemplate, Boolean bCreateUniqueSubweb, Boolean bConvertIfThere) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWebCollection.Add(String strWebUrl, String strTitle, String strDescription, UInt32 nLCID, String strWebTemplate, Boolean useUniquePermissions, Boolean bConvertIfThere) at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.Admin.CreateSPWeb(SPSite topSite, String spWebUrl, String spWebName, String spWebDescription, String spWebLogoUrl, Int32 webTemplateLCID, String webTemplateName, String& errorMessage): WSSCreateSiteFailure (16400). Details: id='16400' name='WSSCreateSiteFailure' uid='70524233-f6b2-41b7-a378-8283cc30b3ba' projectUID='54381924-783f-47e7-8856-2d2a2267e17a' workspaceUrl='https://abcd/abcdefg/test_sj_1/test_sj_1' projectWorkspaceName='test_sj_1'. Queue: GeneralQueueJobFailed (26000) - CreateWssSite.CreateWssSiteMessage. Details: id='26000' name='GeneralQueueJobFailed' uid='deb77862-acf6-44ba-b6ea-16fd4e8caaf8' JobUID='82070355-6a16-4d84-b3bc-53e02c9ba6d8' ComputerName='abcd' GroupType='CreateWssSite' MessageType='CreateWssSiteMessage' MessageId='1' Stage=''. For more details, check the ULS logs on machine abcd for entries with JobUID 82070355-6a16-4d84-b3bc-53e02c9ba6d8. * I have ensured that I disassociated the site from the project before saving it as a template. * I have ensured that all native registers stay the same i.e. issues, risks * I have activated the template in 'Solution' * I have followed Brian's instruction to try and resolve it but was unsuccessful. It keeps asking for a different feature to be activated everytime...http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brismith/archive/2010/08/30/project-server-2010-copying-custom-project-site-templates-across-instances.aspx Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks! SJ
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 1:48 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I have a couple more questions for you :

1. Have you checked to see what the feature is that SharePoint thinks is missing using sp-getfeature via powershell?

2. Can you create the site manually via the Site Actions > Create Site option, instead of when publishing a schedule?

3. What customisations have you done to the site? 

and finally, I have seen the exact same behaviour at a customer site where the web app had been set up with Claims mode instead of classic mode, can you confirm this?

Thanks,

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    • Marked as answer by SJ_PPM Friday, January 28, 2011 2:41 AM
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:42 AM
  • Thank you very much for your help Alex. What I noticed was that I saved a Site Template in an environment that was migrated from PS2007 to 2010. The saved site template works only in environment that has been migrated from PS2007 to PS2010. This is the reason why it wasn't working in the MS PS2010 Demo Env either. Taking your suggestion about checking features in the environment helped a lot also. It was legacy workflow features that weren't activated in the PS2010 (Non PS2007 migrated) Env. Once I activated the features, the PS Project Site Creation worked perfectly! Thanks a lot for your help. Kind regards, SJ
    Friday, January 28, 2011 2:37 AM

All replies

• I am really sorry, but I just don't know why the above entry looks so horrible. tried to edit it, but no luck. here are the things that I have done: - I have ensured that I disassociated the site from the project before saving it as a template. - I have ensured that all native registers stay the same i.e. issues, risks - I have activated the template in 'Solution' - I have followed Brian's instruction to try and resolve it but was unsuccessful. It keeps asking for a different feature to be activated everytime...http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brismith/archive/2010/08/30/project-server-2010-copying-custom-project-site-templates-across-instances.aspx Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks! SJ
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 1:56 AM
  • Hi,

I have a couple more questions for you :

1. Have you checked to see what the feature is that SharePoint thinks is missing using sp-getfeature via powershell?

2. Can you create the site manually via the Site Actions > Create Site option, instead of when publishing a schedule?

3. What customisations have you done to the site? 

and finally, I have seen the exact same behaviour at a customer site where the web app had been set up with Claims mode instead of classic mode, can you confirm this?

Thanks,

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:42 AM
  • Thank you Alex for your response.

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. Have you checked to see what the feature is that SharePoint thinks is missing using sp-getfeature via powershell? I will try this and let you know what I find

2. Can you create the site manually via the Site Actions > Create Site option, instead of when publishing a schedule? Yes, tried every way possible without any luck

3. What customisations have you done to the site? Just added couple of registers e.g. Lessons Learned. Haven't touch the out of the box registers. No custom code or anything.

and finally, I have seen the exact same behaviour at a customer site where the web app had been set up with Claims mode instead of classic mode, can you confirm this? Oh okay. I have just recreated this issue in the Demo Env also, but will check and inform you.

Thanks,

THANKS!!!

• Marked as answer by SJ_PPM Friday, January 28, 2011 2:40 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by SJ_PPM Friday, January 28, 2011 2:41 AM
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:15 AM
  • Thank you very much for your help Alex. What I noticed was that I saved a Site Template in an environment that was migrated from PS2007 to 2010. The saved site template works only in environment that has been migrated from PS2007 to PS2010. This is the reason why it wasn't working in the MS PS2010 Demo Env either. Taking your suggestion about checking features in the environment helped a lot also. It was legacy workflow features that weren't activated in the PS2010 (Non PS2007 migrated) Env. Once I activated the features, the PS Project Site Creation worked perfectly! Thanks a lot for your help. Kind regards, SJ
    Friday, January 28, 2011 2:37 AM
  • I typed in sp-getfeature as was stated above and I get this error.  How can I check as I have an issue like SJ_EPM where I updated from SharePoint 2007 Enterprise x64 to SharePoint 2010 Enterprise and I have a horribly obscure (non silverlight copyable) error message "Error The site template requires that the Feature {e978b1a6-8de7-49d0-8600-09a250354e14} be activated in the site collection.  Correlation ID: {bacccdff-bf76-46ed-8637-34560fd75e0}"

PS C:\Users\SPAdmin2010>  sp-getfeature
    The term 'sp-getfeature' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, s
    cript file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path w
    as included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
    At line:1 char:15
    +  sp-getfeature <<<<
        + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (sp-getfeature:String) [], Comma
       ndNotFoundException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

PS C:\Users\SPAdmin2010> sp-getfeature
    The term 'sp-getfeature' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, s
    cript file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path w
    as included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
    At line:1 char:14
    + sp-getfeature <<<<
        + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (sp-getfeature:String) [], Comma
       ndNotFoundException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

PS C:\Users\SPAdmin2010>

Friday, March 18, 2011 5:12 PM
  • Hi 

you need to add the Sharepoint poweshell snap-in. type command below

ADD-PSSnapin microsoft.sharepoint.powershell

then you can use get-spfeature command

here a sample

Get-SPFeature -identity 6c09612b-46af-4b2f-8dfc-59185c962a29

result

PS C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0> Get-SPFeature -identity 6c09612b-46af-4b2f-8dfc-59185c962a29

DisplayName                    Id                                       Scope       

-----------                    --                                       -----       

SignaturesWorkflow             6c09612b-46af-4b2f-8dfc-59185c962a29     Site        

Fabio

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 2:53 PM
  • Hi,

I'm having exactly the same issue while implementing Project Server 2010 in an environment that was migrated from MOSS 2007 to SP 2010.  In my case the "missing" feature ID is {90cd055f-f21f-42c5-b3fe-bb67173583d4} which refers to a hot fix feature S2SiteAdmin in MOSS 2007.

How did you manage to activate MOSS 2007 features in SP 2010?  Are they compatible?

Friday, September 30, 2011 8:29 AM
  • I am getting the same issue with a newly installed Server 2013 with templates provided by my client. Will the same troubleshooting steps apply?

Could the issue be with the version of Project Pro the templates were created?

Thanks.

<object height="1" id="plugin0" style=";z-index:1000;" type="application/x-dgnria" width="1"><param name="tabId" value="{EF745474-55E6-420C-9B25-F291488AD185}" /></object>
    Friday, May 31, 2013 2:35 AM