Vista freezes and hangs randomly RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

My Windows Vista Ultimate freezes or hangs randomly(sometimes it can be 3 times a day  and sometimes I have a week without a hang), while using Firefox, playing Games(much less frequently). Int's not a typlical hang because I can move the mouse cursor,and the circe opposite the coursor goes on , i cannot click on anything, the keyboard does not respond , every flash object in FF freezes too. The only way is to reset the machine. I tought it was because the RAID and incompatible drivers(there was a log that suggested that) but after updating the to the latest nothing changed. I updated almoset every driver in my system but also the same goes on. I've updated the system with every fixes availabe but still nothing. Thos fact drives me crazy. Is there anything I can do to solve that? I got used to Vista and I don't want to get back to XP

MY PC:

C2D E6300

Gigagbyte GA-965P-DS3

Gigabyte GF 7600 GT SPII

OCZ Special Ops 2x1024 MB RAM 800 MHZ CL5

SB Live 5.1

2x Seagate Baracuda 7200.10 RAID0

Vista Ultimate

Thanks for your help,

tdw1

Thursday, August 30, 2007 3:37 PM

All replies

• I'm having same problem. New Gateway - tons of memory , Vista home premium preinstalled. Never happened with old computer and XP, must be a Vista problem. Ya think MS would have figured it out by now!!. Never again - Next machine will be a MAC
    Saturday, September 1, 2007 12:28 AM
  • same problem.

Vista Ultimate x32
    MSI 975x Platinum Power Up Edition (Bios v7.5)
    2gb ram
    GF 7900GS

bizarre!
    Friday, September 7, 2007 10:26 PM