none
Additional Name Server record deleted after awhile on AD-Integrated zone RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have AD-Integrated forward lookup zone that host site1.corp.net domain. site1 domain is one subdomain, part of corp.net domain. Currently only one name server (NS) record for domain site1.corp.net. It points to first domain controller-DNS promoted on domain site1.corp.net domain

I try to add additonal name server record for domain site1.corp.net, that points to additional domain controller-DNS of domain site1.corp.net. The reason I added manually because additional domain controller-DNS still does not add its name server record automatically. After I added manually,  additional new ns record disappeared deleted after 10-15 minutes on site1.corp.net forward lookup net. Strangely, if on reverse lookup zone, additional new ns record still not deleted. On parent domain, domain delegation of site1 have been delegated to fqdn and ip of both domain controllers.

How to add ns record permanently to the this forward lookup zone. Thanks.

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 3:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please make sure the Replication Scope of your DC-DNS like figure below.

In general,the NS record will also be listed in the Zone records of the Authoritative Name Server itself. These records are called as the Authoritative Records.
    You can add it manually if it is not created.Once done restart the netlogon and DNS service.
    Ran reapdmin /syncall /AdeP on all DC to force the replication.After replication is completed,ran dcdiag /q and repadmin /replsum to check for any errors.

Also ensure the following on DC:
    1. Each DC / DNS server points to its private IP address as primary DNS server and other remote/local DNS servers as secondary in TCP/IP properties.
    2. Each DC has just one IP address and single network adapter is enabled.
    3. Contact your ISP and get valid DNS IPs from them and add it in to the forwarders, Do not set public DNS server in TCP/IP setting of DC.
    4. Once you are done, run "ipconfig /flushdns & ipconfig /registerdns", restart DNS and NETLOGON service each DC.

Best Regards,
    Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 5:52 AM

• Hi,
    Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 9:29 AM

• Hi,

Was your issue resolved? 

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.
    If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,
    Frank

Monday, October 9, 2017 2:51 AM
  • Hi Frank,

Using method above I still unable to add ns record of additional domain controller manually and make it permanent. After 10-15 minutes, additional ns record disappeared. I added on the first domain controller. It still not worked. Then, I added on the additional domain controller. The result is still the same.

The additional domain controller located on different ad site from first domain controller. I checked the security event log and there is no event marking the record deletion after adding it manually.

Thursday, October 12, 2017 9:46 AM