none
Rerun Monthly BAckup to tape RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I do BTDTT.

I want to create my monthly backup to tape on the first day on the month from every datasource. Everything is fine. But when the monthly job stops (e.g. communication to library lost) I am not able to rerun the job when the Alert is gone. I want to ensure, that the latest recoverypoints from the first day of month are beeing copied to tape although I rerun/reschedule the job on the 3rd day.

I know the CMDLet  "Copy-DPMTapeData", but this copies one datasource to one tape, which is not an option for me.

How to copy recoverypoints from disk between a specific time period to tape?

Best regards

Andreas

Monday, August 15, 2011 5:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Once the alert is dimissed, there is no way to accomplish what you want. It's best to monitor alerts and rerun the job from the alert.   As noted, all copy RP to tape jobs will go on seperate tapes.  If you can live with the "latest recovery point" going to tape, then you can multiselect data sources and chose make recovery point to long term tape and we will co-locate the datasources on a single tape.   The tape will never expire, so you will need free the tape manually when you want to reuse it.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 2:44 AM