none
SAM 5.3 cache RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

For reference, I'm using JDK6 update 38. First I installed ESP 5.3.sp3.slipstream, and had it upgraded to sp4 (+ esp_5_3_sp4_sam_esp_patch01_win32). Then I installed SAM 5.3 + SAM 5.3 patch 02.

The problem is when performing a secure search on QR-Server, the final query got different whenever I refresh the result page.

Example: qtf_securityfql:uid=jason

1. Final Query: filter(andnot(or("docacl":string("prijason")), "docacl":string("9prijason")), annotation_class="invisible", annotation_class="sam")

2. After refresh, my Final query: filter(string("a"), annotation_class="invisible", annotation_class="sam").

3. Refresh again, I got error "1201": parsefql: Query Error: line 1:17: unexpected token: (

4. Subsequent refresh never gave me the first result, I got either error or filter without docacl. Until I restart QR-Server

It seems there is something wrong with the caching. or the installation may be? I also tried to activate secure search in SFE and got the same issue. Perform the same steps on different machine, I also got the same issue.  Using new Local Cache domain, I also got the same issue.

Please help..

Thanks.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 10:34 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Tech Support confirmed that SAM 5.3 is compatible with JDK6 update 23.

After downgrading to this JDK version, it worked as expected

• Marked as answer by RWin97 Monday, February 25, 2013 2:13 AM
    Friday, February 22, 2013 1:20 AM

All replies

• FYI,

I rolled back all sp4 patches till it reduced down to original ESP 5.3.sp3.slipstream, and did SAM 5.3 re-installation.. the result is still the same, SAM can only expand user group once.

Then I installed SAM 5.2 to the system, and it's working fine -- I can do Refresh on QR page result multiple times and the final query is consistent

Is this known issue on SAM 5.3 for Local Cache User Monitor? 

Monday, February 4, 2013 2:23 PM
  • Hi,

Tech Support confirmed that SAM 5.3 is compatible with JDK6 update 23.

After downgrading to this JDK version, it worked as expected

• Marked as answer by RWin97 Monday, February 25, 2013 2:13 AM
    Friday, February 22, 2013 1:20 AM