none
Asking username and password of standard user while opening application. RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

While i am opening Task scheduler or registry editor or CCleaner app in standard user account, UAC prompt appear and asking username and password of logged on standard user credential to access.

I Check UAC level of standard user as well as administrator but both are normal.

I check local security settings of UAC but all UAC security settings shows "not defined".

So kindly give help on this topic.

Rahi Padariya

• Edited by rahi padariya Saturday, August 13, 2016 5:38 AM Screeshot
    Saturday, August 13, 2016 5:35 AM

Answers

• This issue come due to particular user contain "take ownership of objects and file" group policy applied form user rights assignment. we remove this users from this policy and our issue resolve.

Rahi Padariya

• Marked as answer by rahi padariya Saturday, February 17, 2018 4:50 AM
    Saturday, February 17, 2018 4:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It seems that there is an article may relate to the problem, please refer to the link:

You are prompted for your user name and password when you open Microsoft CRM

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/892666

In addition, I also found several users who had the similar issue as yours, they gave the advice may help you, please refer to the link:

Windows 7 asks for admin password to run a program.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/windows-7-asks-for-admin-password-to-run-a-program/c0f7a3f6-4b70-44ec-83a4-6bbc567f7df2

Why am I asked to enter my username and password when I try to open an app?

https://support.leapmotion.com/hc/en-us/articles/223781768-Why-am-I-asked-to-enter-my-username-and-password-when-I-try-to-open-an-app-

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 15, 2016 9:38 AM
  • hi,

Tao

thanks for your reply

Actually when I am opening Task scheduler or registry editor or CCleaner app in standard user account its asking password for standard user not Administrator.

But I don't want to set Run as administrator. this all programme open without administrator privilege. but in some users not in all, asking logged on user(standard users) password.  

Rahi Padariya

Friday, August 19, 2016 8:32 AM
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you for a couple of days, have you solved the problem? We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 22, 2016 6:34 AM
  • Hi Tao

actually still my problem not resolve, actually i check all settings of UAC settings and local settings  but i dont understand why this elevated UAC prompt asking standard user password to open programs like Task scheduler, registry edit and CCleaner because this programs not required to administrator permission to execute for standard users.

please if u have any resolution let me know.

Rahi Padariya

Thursday, August 25, 2016 6:25 AM
  • This issue come due to particular user contain "take ownership of objects and file" group policy applied form user rights assignment. we remove this users from this policy and our issue resolve.

Rahi Padariya

• Marked as answer by rahi padariya Saturday, February 17, 2018 4:50 AM
    Saturday, February 17, 2018 4:49 AM