none
Media Centre Not Updating TV Guide

Question

• Windows Media Centre on my HP Pavillion dv8 laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate tells me that the TV guide update has failed when I try to manually update it. If I go to the guide "About" page in Media Centre, it tells me that the guide is provided by BDS (in the UK) and that the End date is 31/01/2018 at 06:00:00. That is after I have reconfigured Media Centre with my Hauppauge USB terrestrial (Freeview) tuner. During the setup, I received a message telling me that the guide download is complete.

My home-built desktop running two Avermedia terrestrial tuners has a similar problem in that it will not update the guide but the "About" page shows no End date.

How do I fix this problem such that Windows Media Centre in the UK will regularly download the latest guide listings?

Sunday, February 04, 2018 3:08 PM

All replies

• I think this is very useful information for many people!
    Sunday, February 04, 2018 3:52 PM
  • Hi,

I found a similar issue here, and you can follow jt01's steps to troubleshoot the problem:

https://windowssecrets.com/forums/showthread.php/170362-Win-7-Media-Center-will-download-guide-data-but-not-update-the-guide

The command will trigger the update of the Media Center guide.

In addition, you can recover a corrupted guide data store: 

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd776338.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396#recovering_a_corrupted_guide_data_store__aadt

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 05, 2018 7:40 AM
  • I had a similar problem, when I re installed my windows 7 with installation disc media centre would not function, would not also d/load programme guide etc, so I disabled media centre via control panel re started PC ,then re enabled windows media center and every thing returned to normal again.
    Tuesday, April 03, 2018 10:04 AM