• I Install Performance Point with Distributed Configuration
    In DataBase Server I've installed:
    - Monitoring System Database
    - Scorecard Viewer for Report Designer
    - Monitoring plugin for eport Designer

In DataBase Server I've installed:
    - Dashboard viewer
    - Monitoring server

When I try to export dashboard in a webpart to excel or powerpoint file, i got the following error:

An unknown error has occurred. If the problem persists contact an administrator. There may be additional information in the server application event log.

And in event viewer server, I see this error message :

An unexpected error occurred while trying to export.
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.Common.Export.GridFactory.AddGridCell(Int32 absoluteRow, Int32 absoluteColumn, GridCell cell, GridHeaderItem rowGridHeaderItem, GridHeaderItem columnLeafItem, GridFormatInfo format, Int32 maxDisplayElements)
       at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.Common.Export.GridFactory.TraverseRowHeaders(Int32 absoluteColumn, GridHeaderItem colLeafItem, Int32 maxDisplayElements)
       at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.Common.Export.GridFactory.TraverseColumnTree(GridHeaderItem colItem, Int32 rowThreshold, Single& colHeaderWidth, Single& colHeaderOffset)
       at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.Common.Export.GridFactory.TraverseColumnTree(GridHeaderItem colItem, Int32 rowThreshold, Single& colHeaderWidth, Single& colHeaderOffset)
       at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.Common.Export.GridFactory.ProcessScorecard(ExportFormat exportFormat, GridViewData viewData)
       at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.Common.Export.GridFactory.CreateGridFromScorecard(ExportFormat exportFormat, IExportModel exportModel, RelatedInfo relatedInfo, GridViewData currentGridViewData, PrimitiveGrid& primitiveGrid, String[]& tempFileCleanupLog)

If I Installed Performance Point in Single Server there is no problem.

What is the problem?
    Monday, December 3, 2007 12:10 PM

All replies

•  

Monday, December 3, 2007 5:24 PM
  • I have not contact suppor for this.
    I already reinstall Performance Point in each server and still not working.
    Another problem that I got if I change BPM.ServerConnectionPerUser become true the dashboard become error true, there are any link beetwen this error
    Friday, December 7, 2007 9:31 AM
  •  

Friday, December 7, 2007 1:46 PM
  • The problem only occurs either when PPS 2007 is deployed as either 1) a Distributed Configuration, or 2) ConnectionPerUser=true.  Since 'Export to Excel / Export to PowerPoint' does serialize files to the server's file system prior to streaming them to the web browser client, this sounds like a permissions or configuration issue, and is more general than just the 'Export to Excel / Export to PowerPoint' feature. 

I've created a new thread to address this issue:

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2521050&SiteID=17

Friday, December 7, 2007 3:28 PM
  • Halo

I found this not because security issue but beacuse I have some problem with my scorecard(empty/error data), when I fixed this I can export to excel and performancepoint.
    I have still have problem with ConnectionPerUser=true

Regards,

Hendrik
    Monday, December 10, 2007 6:58 AM