none
Trend Micro ScanMail for Microsoft Exchange (8.0)

Question

• Hi,

My company uses Trend Micro ScanMail and we've recently upgraded to Exchange 2007. Unfortunatly ScanMail can't create the spam mail folders itself. It requires that we have a Spam Mail folder with the subdirectory Approved Sender List in each account.

I was wondering if there's any way to mass create these folders in each of our user's accounts?

Thank you!

-Matt

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 7:26 PM

All replies

• Matt,

you can use TrendMicro Security console to delete all folders and recreate them.

\-lamz

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 2:43 PM
  • TrendMicro sucks. I abandoned their software when I have 5 months left in my license.

it's not reliable, not easy to release mistakenly marked as spam message and sometimes, your message in inbox get scanned and took away (match some key words). The restore process is painful or impossible. I have to restore mailboxes to get those messages back.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 8:16 PM
  •  

Are you sure you are running the latest version of scanmail? I am running it along with built in antispam agents in exchange with no issues. All of our spam gets sent to the users Junk Email folder, I never needed to sent up a special folder. Are you looking for the ability to dump all your spam to ONE single say public folder? You can do that but scanmail does not have that ability, only the buitl in antispam agents have that ability, or a third party appliance like a barracuda...

Scanmail only tags and dumps to the junk email folder as far as I am aware....

Thursday, March 20, 2008 12:27 PM
  • Hi Matt,

ScanMail for Exchange Version 8.0 delivers it's Spam directly to the standard "Junk-E-Mail" folder that Exchange itself uses; so this folder should be present with all your clients. Maybe you need to update the version (Version 7 delivered Junk to a special "Spam Mail" folder).

regards

Günter

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 3:00 PM
  • i hate to be counterproductive and not provide an answer to the original question, but unfortunately I concur with HoangMN. There are so many products that are much better that Trend ScanMail and Trend IMSS... I strongly recommend you do a bit of research for a replacement. There will many, many fewer headaches in the longrun.

--------------
    Roberto Franceschetti
    http://www.logsat.com
    Thursday, April 24, 2008 11:33 PM
  • Hi ,

anybody tried Scan Mail for exchange 8   on windows server 2008 64 bit enterprise ? when tried, it is showing installation cannot minimum requirement.

Saturday, July 26, 2008 9:22 AM
  •  

On the TrendMicro home page You can find the System Requirements:

Operating System:

Microsoft operating system:

Microsoft™ Windows™ 2003 Server with SP1

Microsoft Windows 2000 Server with SP 4 or higher

These are not the "minimum" system requirements, but the system requirements.That means: These two OS and no others, no Win 2008...
    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 1:37 PM
  • Right now running Exchange 2007 on Windows Server 2008 the only products that I can find that support Exchange level AV are:

Microsoft Forefront 10.1 and F Secure Exchange AV software

http://www.f-secure.com/webclub/fsavmse.html

Currently I use forefront for AV and just use the Exchange 2007 content filtering which has been working well for us- so far.

We do plan to move over to the F-secure product once we complete our testing but we will keep the Ex07 content filtering until Trend releases a version of scan mail for ex07 that does run on win 2k8

Since we own trend and are very happy with it- we will move back to it once they have a supported version- but we never used the Trend scanmail SPAM functionality anyway-just AV

omar

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 6:38 PM
  •  

Trend Micro released a new Version of ScanMail for Exchange 8 supporting Windows Server 2008 and Exchange 2007 SP1. You can download it at Trend Micro's "Update Center" (directlink: http://www.trendmicro.com/download/product.asp?productid=8)
    Tuesday, August 12, 2008 11:46 AM

• great stuff. i was looking for this kind of information.

thanks!
    Tuesday, August 19, 2008 1:02 PM
  • Hey,

maybe you´ll need this information to install TrendMicro Scanmail for Exchange 2007 on Windows Server 2008 with IIS7 if Download message for CgiDispatcher.1 appears when logging on to ScanMail for Exchange (SMEX) 8.0 Build 1307 web console !

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/support/viewxml.do?ContentID=EN-1037977&id=EN-103797

nice greetings!

Friday, August 22, 2008 11:44 AM
  •  simide wrote:

Trend Micro released a new Version of ScanMail for Exchange 8 supporting Windows Server 2008 and Exchange 2007 SP1. You can download it at Trend Micro's "Update Center" (directlink: http://www.trendmicro.com/download/product.asp?productid=8)

hi, be careful though it installs you couldn't manage it thru the console because java support for 64-bit Windows Server 2008 is not yet available till Q1 2009.
    Saturday, October 11, 2008 8:43 AM
  • I've installed the JRE from sun , installed last version of SCANMAIL , rebooted the machine and everything works perfectly. (on a Exchange 2007 64 bits running on a Windows 2008 64 bits)

Regards

Jean-Marc FRANCOIS

Friday, October 17, 2008 10:03 AM
  •  Butor wrote:

I've installed the JRE from sun , installed last version of SCANMAIL , rebooted the machine and everything works perfectly. (on a Exchange 2007 64 bits running on a Windows 2008 64 bits)

Regards

Jean-Marc FRANCOIS

could you please tell me what version of JRE you installed?
    Wednesday, October 29, 2008 7:26 AM
  •  Butor wrote:

I've installed the JRE from sun , installed last version of SCANMAIL , rebooted the machine and everything works perfectly. (on a Exchange 2007 64 bits running on a Windows 2008 64 bits)

Regards

Jean-Marc FRANCOIS

Windows Server 2008 have IIS7. scanmail 8 needs IIS6. on top of that java doesn't work on 64-bit (for web console).

so how was you able to install it and is it running as expected?
    Saturday, November 08, 2008 12:20 PM
  • We are running Trendmicro ScanMail 8 on our hub servers, we have been very pleased with it.    We had to set the SCL on every mailbox to get it to work probably.    Also when a mailbox is created within Exchange 2007, BY DEFAULT the "JUNK EMAIL" Folder is not setup until the end user logs on to OWA or Outlook.     This is by design.    This is a big issue for us in an Educational Environment because sometimes students never log onto their email.    And email never gets filtered.

Monday, November 10, 2008 9:54 PM