Action cannot be completed. Microsoft Exchange is unavailable RRS feed

• Question

• HI all

Appreciate anyone can advice me  on this. I am trying to set up an outlook ( 2007 )anywhere on a new notebook. This notebook is not joined to the domain. I have installed self-signed cert that I have been using without any issue and configured the same way as I did for other users. Strangely, this user can use OWA and Active Syn.

We are using Exchange 2007 ( CCR ) and have 2 CAS/HUB servers.

Please advice.

Friday, June 13, 2014 3:38 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, Exchange account cannot be confirgured in one Outlook client with Outlook Anywhere. In this case, I recommend you try the following troubleshooting:

1. Check if the Outlook client can work well with the other accounts.

2. Check if the problematic account can be configured with other Outlook client.

If it's related to Outlook client, I recommend you try safe mode and close all add-ons. If it's related to account, I recommend you use ExRCA to check Outlook Anywhere connectivity: https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/

Thanks,

Angela Shi
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 6:18 AM

All replies

• hi

did you manually add-in the proxy settings and the correct urls on the outlook client?

Friday, June 13, 2014 4:44 AM
  • Hi DareDevil57,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have entered correctly the settings as I had done this before many times. It is strange it only happen now.

Appreciate any more thoughts and advice

Friday, June 13, 2014 8:14 AM
  • Hi,

According to your description, Exchange account cannot be confirgured in one Outlook client with Outlook Anywhere. In this case, I recommend you try the following troubleshooting:

2. Check if the problematic account can be configured with other Outlook client.

If it's related to Outlook client, I recommend you try safe mode and close all add-ons. If it's related to account, I recommend you use ExRCA to check Outlook Anywhere connectivity: https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/

Thanks,

Angela Shi

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 6:18 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks,

Angela Shi

HI,

Sorry for the late reply. We did more testing. Testing that account with another new notebook is also unsuccessful. Then, we created a new account and also failed when we tried to connect to the exchange server. We tried to configure them in the local network ( as in office network ) and it works. Hence, we found new configuration using  network out of office does not work. It is only those that had configured prior to this problem are able to connect to the server. We suspect the certificate is giving issue but it is strange the prompt to log in is displayed, only when checking name against the exchange server that failed.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 1:09 AM