none
MS Project Professional 2010 syching with SharePoint 2010 task list - problems with indented tasks RRS feed

• Question

• I am working in MS Project Professional 2010 and SharePoint 2010.  I am synching a 1000+ line plan that has indented tasks at least 3 to 6 layers deep.  When starting to synch the system generates an error message and stops whenever an indented level is reached in the plan.

Does anyone know if there is a limit to the amount of indented tasks that can be synched?  It seems the first and second layer use the summary task folders without problem.

I appreciate any help that can be provided.

Thank you,

Renee

Thursday, October 4, 2012 10:11 PM

All replies

• 1000+ tasks and you're syncing to SharePoint? I understand that this then sets date constraints on the tasks in Project when you sync back. I can't think of anything more counter-productive. I think this feature was only meant for very small projects where having a dynamic schedule is not important and the critical path is irrelevant. Mind you I may be out of date and this is no longer what happens. Can someone update me please? If I have this right, then my recommendation is don't sync.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book

Rod Gill Project Management

Saturday, October 6, 2012 5:05 AM
  • Renee,

I tend to agree with Rod, there are many tasks to sync. however technically that should be fine. Can you give us the exact error message please.

thanks

Marc Soester [MVP] http://marcsoester.blogspot.com

Monday, October 8, 2012 9:16 PM