FCS Getting week or monthly reports RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am wondering how I would go on about getting weekly or montly reports for management. So I could say these have not contacted in the last month or these machines dont have the latest policy in the last week or these machines are a month or week out of date... etc...

Does anyone know how I could do this?

Many Thanks

James

Friday, September 2, 2011 2:13 PM

Answers

• Hi James,

Thank you for your post.

1. It isn't supported to modify the reports available for FCS.
    2. Some Summary report like Connectivity Summary Report provide the last month machines not contacted.
    3. Since the grooming of the database setting is 4 days, some data will store separately in two Databases (OnePoint and SystemCenterReporting). So you need to run history reports and specify the report start time and end time.  
    4. You could also subscribe to auto generate report daily or weekly via MOM reporting console, then generate monthly report manually based on subscribe report data.     

If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know.

Regards,
    Rick Tan
    • Marked as answer by Rick Tan Thursday, September 15, 2011 1:40 AM
    Monday, September 5, 2011 5:26 AM

All replies

• Hi James,

Thank you for your post.

1. It isn't supported to modify the reports available for FCS.
    2. Some Summary report like Connectivity Summary Report provide the last month machines not contacted.
    3. Since the grooming of the database setting is 4 days, some data will store separately in two Databases (OnePoint and SystemCenterReporting). So you need to run history reports and specify the report start time and end time.  
    4. You could also subscribe to auto generate report daily or weekly via MOM reporting console, then generate monthly report manually based on subscribe report data.     

If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know.

Regards,
    Rick Tan
    • Marked as answer by Rick Tan Thursday, September 15, 2011 1:40 AM
    Monday, September 5, 2011 5:26 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I cant seem to find how I make a report in MOM anywhere... Could you please point me in the right direction?

Many Thanks

James

Thursday, September 8, 2011 2:40 PM
  • Hi James,

Three steps to set up report in MOM report console:
    1. Open MOM report console--click FCS link--click Show Details menu, it will display all reports to you
    2. Click one report (assume Alert Details history report), click subscription tab, click New Subscription button, you could subscribe report to email report or save to share folder with schedule run time you want, input start time and end time value
    3. Create another Subscription if your step 2 for weekly report and this new for monthly report

Regards,
    Rick Tan
    Friday, September 9, 2011 8:33 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for that I have found it I can only do reports to a file share for some reason however I will have a play.

Thanks Again

James

Monday, September 12, 2011 11:16 AM