none
Office 365 Home and Integration with Server 2012 Essentials RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to integrate Office 365 Home and with my Server 2012 Essentials - is this possible (or with R2)?. For small scenarios (Family and Home Office) this would be an ideal integration, but it seems that at least in 2012 it is not possible, since my Office 365 Home Account is not accepted - it always show that the account is not correct (well the name or password).Is there a way to integrate them now or planed in the future? With Kind regards!

Friday, September 9, 2016 6:59 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my technology, O365 home version is not supported for integrated with Windows Server Essentials.

In order to using the Windows Server Essentials O365 integration module, you need Office 365 plans for businesses:
    http://office.microsoft.com/compare-office-365-for-business-plans-FX102918419.aspx?CR_CC=200061904&WT.srch=1&WT.mc_ID=PS_bing_O365Comm_subscribe%20to%20office%20365_Text

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 9, 2016 9:10 AM
  • Thanks for the fast response.

Is it possible to use the "Family" options (Accounts, Online-Time, etc.) from the home 365 in some way with Essentials? It would meet up nicely, if the accounts could be synced and e.g. the features like Computer Time for Kids could be used, even if the Office and Outlook Integration do not work.

Kind regards,

• Edited by Mr.Reis Friday, September 9, 2016 12:01 PM
    Friday, September 9, 2016 12:00 PM
  • Hi,

Office 365 Integration Module provides a seamlessly integrated management experience on Essentials for customers who are using Office 365 for their email. The core feature set, such as integrated user account management and automatic user password synchronization.

For O365 home version, it is not supported to be integrated on Windows Server Essentials, that means you can still choose/use O365 as your Email option and all o365 functions are working, however, it is unable to use the Essentials Server to have an integrated management.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 6:07 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

You can click “Mark as answer” if the reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Monday, September 19, 2016 3:11 PM