vista os disk? RRS feed

• Question

• forgive me for being a bit blonde, but , just bought new laptop with Vista home premium installed, but there is no vista disk in with it infact nothing from microsoft at all. I want to ring up and complain but i dont actually know if there  should be one or not, as is with my xp ,

I may be blonde but dont want to look like a complete ***,  so Should there be a Winows Vista disk in the box?

thanx  ann.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 12:38 AM

Answers

• Hello Ann,

Thanks for posting!

As I know, many laptop manufacturers will offer reinstallation disks shipped with the computers. However, it’s not definite for all the products and companies, but depends on their own policies.

Please contact the manufacturer of your laptop to ask whether they offer such a disk, and what you should do if reinstallation of Windows Vista is required.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Thursday, November 29, 2007 7:18 AM

All replies

• Hello Ann,

Thanks for posting!

As I know, many laptop manufacturers will offer reinstallation disks shipped with the computers. However, it’s not definite for all the products and companies, but depends on their own policies.

Please contact the manufacturer of your laptop to ask whether they offer such a disk, and what you should do if reinstallation of Windows Vista is required.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Thursday, November 29, 2007 7:18 AM
  • hi lionel

thanks for the info , you were right, contacted acer . no disk is supplied ,i have to make my own re-installation disk

when i first turned it on,  think they should definately make this clearer in the future.

thanks again for your help, much apreciated

Ann.x

Thursday, November 29, 2007 10:16 AM
  • Hello Ann,

Thanks for your feedback!

I'm happy that this issue has been fixed! Thank you for sharing!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Monday, December 3, 2007 2:08 AM