SCSM does not send E-Mails from workflows RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there!

We' ve 3 Workflows triggered by Incident Events.

1. On creation
    2. on resolve
    3. on activate

They were already working fine and for any reason suddenly only number 1 worked - but 2&3 did not work any longer. There were no entries in "need attention" in the status of the workflows and I did not find any hints of the servers event log.

So I checked the configuration of both workflows - it was ok. So I pushed the "ok" button. At this moment the SCSM started to send the emails, which he should have sent - I think all of them.

Does anybody know this behavier?

Where can I look, if the E-Mails are created at right time or better how can I (automatically) see, if there is an incident?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Patrick Wahlmüller
    Friday, January 13, 2012 9:44 AM

Answers

• We had that issue again. The Exchange Server was restarted because of System Updates. Solution was again to "resave" the workflow in SCSM.

Patrick Wahlmüller

Monday, February 27, 2012 7:17 AM

All replies

• Today there was the same situation as described. It was enough to open the configuration of the resolve workflow and save it. Now all Activation and Resolve E-Mails were sent.

Any ideas?

Patrick Wahlmüller
    Monday, January 16, 2012 9:36 AM
  • Just to add, we seem to have the same problem almost every week. Some workflows sending emails haven't run, but I find no errors anywhere. It's very difficult to figure out where the problem might be because there is nothing in the event log or in the Workflows > Status > Need Attention view.

Sebastian

Friday, January 20, 2012 2:47 PM
  • Hi,

What version are we talking about here?

You're not using criterias based upon class extensions, are you?

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se
    Friday, January 27, 2012 10:18 PM
  • In our case, we're talking about notification subscriptions, notifying IT teams when incidents are assigned to their support group. Very simple criteria, no class extensions involved. Usually the notifications work, but sometimes they don't. I cannot pinpoint the error more precisely.

Sebastian

Monday, February 6, 2012 10:27 AM
  • Is there maybe a difference on the recipient user/group? For some users/group it's working other users/groups it's not working? Just an idea.
    Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group
    Monday, February 6, 2012 7:29 PM
  • In our case its always the "Affected User" who gets the notification emails.

But there are user defined notifications from diffrent users.

---------

I think the difference is in the event. Because in our case the event "create" workflow was working and the "update" event did not work (I did not check the user defined notifications).

So when I save one update event, both update events were working again.

A similar thing in both breakdowns were, that the day before a lot of servers including Exchange and the system center servers were restarted because of System Updates.

Patrick Wahlmüller

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 1:08 PM
  • We had that issue again. The Exchange Server was restarted because of System Updates. Solution was again to "resave" the workflow in SCSM.

Patrick Wahlmüller

Monday, February 27, 2012 7:17 AM
  • I am having similar issues, The change management workflows are sending emails however Review activity and manual activity workflows are not. Any ideas ?

Network Admin

Thursday, March 8, 2012 11:53 AM