none
remote logon not possible - clear destination host RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

we have a terminal server farm with 12 hosts and on session broker.
    Sometimes I want to lock one host and ask the users to re-logon to get them to a different host.

But it seems that the session broker (or the client) cached the last redirection and shows the user that no remote logons possible at the moment.

How can I clear this cache?
    And where can I see to wich host the session broker redirected the client?
    (I did not find the right log for that info)

Is there somebody who could help me?

Thanks in advance
    Reiner

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 4:54 PM

All replies

• HI
    I am researching your issue ,thanks for your waiting.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 9:04 AM
  • Hi Reiner,

What I would suggest is following steps when you need to take a session host out of service for maintenance or similar:

• Right-click on the RDSH server and click Do not allow new connections using Server Manager (or equivalent Powershell)
    • Send message to users that are logged on to the RDSH and log them off using Server Manager as needed until all users are logged off
    • Remove the RDSH server from the collection using Server Manager -- RDS -- Collections -- <collectionName> -- Host Servers -- Tasks -- Remove RD Session Host servers
    • Optionally, remove the RDSH server from the RDS deployment using Server Manager -- RDS -- Overview -- Deployment Overview -- right-click on RD Session Host icon and choose Remove RD Session Host servers.  Note you must remove from collection first

To put server back you need to add it to RDS deployment and then back into the collection.

In regards to your log question, please see the following log on your broker server:

Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-SessionBroker/Operational

Thanks.

-TP

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 10:24 AM
  • Hi TP,

thanks for your answer.

So there is no way to clear the broker cache or shorten the TTL for the destination/session-combination?
    Too sad.

I have a Test-Terminal Server where I can intall an application, enable user logon and let one user test the program. And if I want the user work on the normal Terminal Servers back again, I have to remove the host from the server list?

Anyway it is a good idea and I will try it.
    I only hoped there is an easier way.

Reiner

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 8:55 PM
  • HI
    "I only hoped there is an easier way."

Thank you for posting your suggestions in below forum, these suggestions will help other IT and improve windows product functionality in future.
    Remote Desktop Services user voice
    https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/266795-remote-desktop-services

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 16, 2020 7:27 AM