Does App-V Work With Kerberos Realm Trust RRS feed

• Question

•  

I understand that App-V 4.5 supports Kerberos. Could anyone tell me if it will work in an environment with a trust between AD and an MIT Kerberos realm? If so, do you have any tips on how to get it to work?
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 5:32 PM

Answers

• We had originally planned to support Realms in 4.5 but I'm afraid due to resources and time constraints, we were't able to test.

However, I would still be very interested in hearing your scenario which can help us plan for 3rd party Realm support in the next release.

Gene Ferioli

Friday, November 21, 2008 2:36 PM

All replies

• What, specifically, is the scenario you would have with App-V in that sort of environment (having user accounts from MIT realm receiving virtual applications)?

Although your best bet would be to just test it, you would have to remember (as you more likely than not already know) that there's Kerberos - the standard and Kerberos - the AD implementation. Those things are not equal..

br,

Kalle

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 7:52 PM
  • We had originally planned to support Realms in 4.5 but I'm afraid due to resources and time constraints, we were't able to test.

However, I would still be very interested in hearing your scenario which can help us plan for 3rd party Realm support in the next release.

Gene Ferioli

Friday, November 21, 2008 2:36 PM