none
Allow changes to user's Documents folder? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are interested in using SteadyState in a mobile computing environment. We would like to allow users to save files to the documents and music folders without SteadyState reverting these files later. Is it possible turn on the Hard Drive protection but exclude certain folders from this?

Thanks,
    Owner, Quilnet Solutions
    Saturday, July 25, 2009 5:01 PM

Answers

• Hi, thanks for the post. I’d like to inform you that if you enable WDP, all the data on system partition will be protected and we cannot set exception on certain path or folder. If you want to save document on the computer, you can either use mobile device or save file on a separate partition.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Monday, July 27, 2009 6:58 AM

All replies

• Hi, thanks for the post. I’d like to inform you that if you enable WDP, all the data on system partition will be protected and we cannot set exception on certain path or folder. If you want to save document on the computer, you can either use mobile device or save file on a separate partition.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Monday, July 27, 2009 6:58 AM
  • Ok. so WDP is partition specific?

Then I'll just add a seperate partition to the system and modify the GPO settings to redirect user data to that partition, instead of using the system drive.

Thanks for your help.
    Owner, Quilnet Solutions
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 1:00 PM