Desktop Wallpaper issue with out of office network RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

This is to bring into your notice, I have made Desktop wallpaper GPO on 2012 R2 and deployed it to Windows 10-Pro 64 bit Laptops. It's applied fine and showing.

But when the user going out of office network wallpaper background gets black and not showing desktop wallpaper.

I am even trying setting up manually though it's not showing up. Laptops are joined into the domain. I'm not able to change background manually, though I didn't set any policy to prevent changing desktop background.

Your support will be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Rashid

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 10:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

1. How did you configure the policy? Please provide more details about the way you used and  I will try to do a test if you could provide the information of the policy you have configured.

2. Please check the path of the wallpaper. If it is stored in shared folder, based on my knowledge, the computer cannot access to the folder to get the picture when it is out of the domain network environment.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 7:26 AM
  • Hi Yilia,

Thanks for your kind reply,  Below are the scenario hope it will help you to understand.

1-I have made Desktop wallpaper GPO on 2012 R2 and deployed it to Windows 10-Pro 64 bit Laptops. 

2- Wallpaper folder is shared. It worked in Office domain infra.  The only problem here is with out of office network it convert black background.

3- Even if i'm trying to change manually from personalize settings into Windows-10 Laptop all the option grayed out.

4- I have followed your articles and applied it from server, and waiting for user's confirmation. 

I will give you the latest update if get any feedback from users. Hoping for the good news.

Thanks,

Rashid

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 6:48 PM
  • Hi,

As I mentioned above, since the wallpaper folder is a shared folder, based on my experience, the computer cannot access to the folder to get the picture when it is out of the domain network environment. It could be the reason the wallpaper became black. 

Best regards,

Yilia 

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 11, 2019 3:09 AM
  • Dear Yilia,

Yeah agreed with your point, the reason came i my mind already, But i was looking for a way, if we can set it up with out of network. Even i'm trying to set locally but it's not showing. Any insight ?

Thanks,

Rashid

Thursday, April 11, 2019 3:06 PM
  • Hi,

Please check the following GPO has been disabled: 

If the issue remains, run gpresult /h c:result.html and check the result.

Best regards,

Yilia 

Monday, April 15, 2019 8:21 AM