Start VPN when connecting to remote desktop on android RD app RRS feed

• Question

• I have the android RD client App.

Is there a way I can trigger it to connect to a VPN when starting a remote desktop session?

Sunday, October 23, 2016 12:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

As far as I know, for Windows, you can configure a list of applications that will trigger the VPN connection. For android, I am not sure if there is such in-built feature to automatically trigger VPN connection when starting a remote desktop session.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/networking/2013/10/02/automatically-triggering-vpn-connections-and-vpn-diagnostics-enhancements-in-windows-8-1/

It is appreciated that the other members in our forum can share their experience with us about this scenario.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Alvwan Monday, October 24, 2016 6:46 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Alvwan Thursday, November 3, 2016 2:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alvwan Tuesday, November 8, 2016 7:36 AM
    Monday, October 24, 2016 6:44 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 3, 2016 2:45 AM